Plugin Terms & Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to the SwimPal Online WordPress plugin.
We have separate terms relating to our additional services.
These terms and conditions were last updated on: 28th July 2022.
Purchasing a plugin from SwimPal Online Ltd gives you a non-exclusive limited license to use the plugin in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
The software for all of our plugins is licensed under the GNU General Public License v3.0 or later.
Plugin license key
In addition to the software license, you will receive a non-transferable plugin license key.
Plugin license keys are valid for 1 year from the date of purchase. They must be renewed each year in order to remain valid. Prior to the expiry of the plugin license, we will contact you with details on how to renew.
You need a valid, active license key in order to access updates and support for the plugin.
You may not share, sell or give away access to your license key. License keys are only transferable by contacting us to request the transfer to a new owner.
We reserve the right to revoke any license keys that have not been used in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
When you purchase a plugin an annual subscription will automatically be created using your chosen payment method. If your subscription remains active then the plugin license key will automatically be renewed each year so that you can continue accessing updates and support with no break in service. You will automatically be billed using your original payment method when the license renews each year.
You can cancel your subscription at any time from your account, or by contacting SwimPal Online Ltd directly.
If you cancel your subscription before your license key expires then you will continue receiving updates and support until it expires at the end of the 1-year period.
After your annual license key expires, you can continue using the plugin but will not be able to receive updates or support. There are no guarantees that the plugin will continue working with future versions of WordPress or other plugins such as WooCommerce.
If your annual license key expires then you can re-purchase the plugin at any time. This will resume your access to updates and support.
On receipt of successful payment, you will be able to access the plugin files and license key directly from your account. You will also receive an email with this information. You will continue to be able to access the plugin files from your account for as long as you hold a valid license key for the plugin.
If your license key expires or is otherwise revoked or refunded, then download access will be discontinued until the license key is renewed.
Automatic plugin updates
Automatic updates are available for as long as you hold a valid and active license key for the plugin. Updates will be made available to you from the WordPress dashboard.
You can also download the latest version of the plugin from your Account page.
Our plugin is guaranteed to function correctly when your site meets the following conditions:
- Has an up to date installation of WordPress.
- Has an up to date version of the WooCommerce plugin installed.
- Uses either a default WordPress theme or a theme provided by us through our website design service.
- Hosted by us through our website hosting service.
We do not guarantee the plugin will function with other third party plugins, themes or with all web browsers or hosts. If you have any compatibility issues with our plugin then we will support you as best we can, according to our support policy (below).
Our plugin is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied (as per GPL v3). We will not be liable for any damages resulting from the use or inability to use our plugins. This includes but is not limited to indirect, direct, special, incidental or consequential damages or losses, including data loss.
When you buy a plugin from SwimPal Online Ltd, you can receive support for as long as you have a valid license key.
The plugin support includes:
- Help with any issues specifically relating to the plugin you have purchased from us.
- Any issues relating to using the SwimPal Online plugin with third party plugins that we officially integrate with. Currently the only third party plugin that we officially integrate with is the WooCommerce core plugin.
- Minor CSS tweaks to fix styling issues related to using our plugin with your theme or a plugin that we officially integrate with.
- Advice on how to use our plugins in creative ways (without customization) to achieve different business objectives. This can include advice on how to combine our plugins with third party plugins to add functionality.
- Advice on how to get the most out of our plugins.
- Supporting up to two people at your organisation for each license key, regardless of the number of sites that the plugin is used on.
It does not include:
- Deactivating themes and plugins to investigate possible conflicts/bugs – instead, we will advise you of how to do this.
- CSS changes to improve the appearance of the plugins with your theme (other than where information is displayed in an incorrect way).
- Complex or time-consuming CSS changes to fix styling issues with your theme or a plugin that we do not officially integrate with.
- Customising the plugin beyond its intended use.
- Support with older versions of WordPress, WooCommerce and our plugin – if you discover a problem with older versions, then we will require you to update to the latest version before we will provide support.
- Supporting more than two people under a single license key. If additional people require support then you should purchase multiple license keys.
Whilst we attempt to provide the best possible support for our plugin however we do not guarantee that any support query will be resolved in a way that you are completely satisfied with, or within a specific timescale.
Third party plugins & themes
We only guarantee compatibility with third party plugins in the following circumstances:
- WooCommerce core plugin.
- Themes provided by us through our website design service..
We aim to respond to all support requests within adequate timescales. Our official support hours are 9am – 5pm UK time, Monday to Friday – excluding bank holidays and other official holidays. The timescale listed below refers to these working hours.
We aim to respond to support requests within 2 working days. While we do not guarantee that we will resolve the request in this time period, we will acknowledge it and communicate with the customer as appropriate to help resolve the issue.
SwimPal Online Ltd reserves the right to modify, change, cancel or upgrade the price or terms of a plugin subscription and/or license key without prior notice or consent.
If you have an active subscription then the plugin will be renewed at the cost you originally paid, regardless of the cost for new customers. If you cancel your subscription and wish to purchase the plugin again then you must renew the license key at the current purchase price.
All plugins sold on this website are the property of SwimPal Online Ltd. You may not claim intellectual or exclusive ownership rights of our plugin.
Website & plugin content
All content on this website and throughout the plugin is the property of SwimPal Online Ltd. This includes images, videos, documentation and other information. It may not be redistributed without permission or consent.
If you feel our plugin doesn’t meet your needs or wish to request a refund for any other reason please contact us within 30 days of purchase/renewal and we will do our best to help: email@example.com
Refund requests will be dealt with on a case by case basis. Refunds requests will not be accepted any later than 30 days after purchase/renewal.
Storage of personal information
When you purchase a plugin from SwimPal Online Ltd, we will store the following information relating to your purchase:
- Email address
- Billing address
- VAT number (if applicable)
You may contact us at any point to request that this information is deleted.
We do not have access to your payment information at any point. Payment is taken securely via Stripe, and your payment data is treated securely according to their respective privacy policies.
As well as emails relating directly to your purchase, SwimPal Online Ltd may occasionally send you emails relating to the plugins you have purchased from us. For example, we will email to notify you of important new features that may benefit your website. You may opt out of these emails at any time without penalty, although this means that you may miss important new information about the plugin.
We will never sell or release your email address to any third party vendors.
By purchasing a plugin from SwimPal Online Ltd, you indicate and consent that you have read and agree to these Terms and Conditions.
If any part of this agreement is declared unenforceable or invalid, all remaining clauses shall remain binding.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to update these Terms and Conditions at any time for any reason, without prior notice or consent. You can visit this page at any time to view the current version.